If you search for the phrase “Good bad and ugly web design” in Google and you will get 24,100,000 results in 0.21 seconds.
Internet is full of surprise!
What is good web design?
What is bad design?
And what is the ugly?
Let me tell you about ugly!
“Ugly is unpleasant to look upon and results in an unfavourable evaluation”. Why ugly first? You may wonder! Well you should avoid these tactics in your freelance web design if you want to get reputation and survive in the internet business in long term.
Ugly are the web pages that use automated pop ups. Try to trick visitor into clicking, mislead. As a freelance web designer I always advice client against these sort of site! Trust me! You do not want that kind of website.
Anyone can use Dreamweaver and design website these day. These pages tend to be poor design the common mistake they make are as follows:
- not optimized graphics result in poor load time.
- Spelling errors /Grammar mistakes
- Poor navigation
- Poor accessibility
- Bad color scheme
- Extensive use of flush
- Broken links
- Poor content
- Poor cross browser compatibility.
The good design: by the method of eliminations, if you eliminate the ugly and the bad what remains must be good.
A good web design must have the following quality
- Simplicity: simplicity is the best of all design. User friendly design: page should at list consist of a header, body and footer.
- User friendly Navigation: a simple and intuitive navigation that would allow user to move through the website to find what they want.
- Call to action.
If you want an affordable web design solution from a experience freelance web designer then contact me